The Technical Excellence at Manchester (TEaM) staff network group invite nominations for the Technical Excellence Awards 2021. The awards are aimed at recognising the contribution of technical staff to the working life of the University.
All staff members (including technical/non-technical PS staff and academic staff) are encouraged to nominate any technical member of staff that they believe deserves recognition for their work.
This year’s TEaM Award winners will meet one or more of the following criteria. The number of criteria is not itself a factor in the judging so it’s better to submit one or two well-evidenced criteria than several less well-evidenced:
- They always deliver an exceptional ‘first mile’ (i.e. it’s not just about ‘going the extra mile’ but putting in a consistently excellent core performance).
- They are a great team player, actively supporting colleagues and helping the team to bond.
- They have shown initiative and commitment in pursuit of an excellent student or staff experience.
- They foster collaboration and partnership working across the School, with colleagues in other areas of the University or with external contacts.
- They have delivered an outstanding piece of work that has made a recognisable contribution to their team’s or the School’s strategy and priorities.
- They are always willing to help and support others.
The award will be judged by a panel of technical staff external to the University and the contribution to be recognised should have been made between March 2020 and March 2021. Nominations should be submitted via our online form by Friday 18th June. The awards will be announced at the next TEaM Annual Event, which will be held on Wednesday, 7th July. Please save the date in your diaries, further information about the event will be circulated in coming weeks.
Please feel free to share this with your colleagues to help us recognise and promote the vital contribution made by technical staff.